- Will I be charged for listing products on Shiprocket Social? Reply: No, Shiprocket Social does not charge any fees for listing an item for sale.
- What can you sell on Shiprocket Social? Reply: You can sell anything and everything legal. Every Shiprocket Social seller is solely responsible for their shop and its listings. It is strictly prohibited to sell stolen or counterfeit goods. Listings of such items will be deleted and any accounts associated with these listings may be suspended or banned. Further action, including criminal prosecution, may be taken. Note: There are some items that we don't allow in our marketplace, even if they are legal, but do not meet Shiprocket Social's selling criteria. You can contact our support to know more about them.
- What details do I need to sell on Shiprocket Social?
Reply: Shiprocket Social is your one-stop shop where you can add listings, manage your sales, process and fulfil your orders, track courier shipments, receive payments, and more.
For verification of your wallet account, you are required to provide the following:
- PAN Card/VAT/TIN
- A working Indian mobile number for verification
- Proof of address
- Who can sell on Shiprocket Social? Reply: We allow anyone selling legal products to sell on Shiprocket Social. Whether you have thousands of products or just one, Shiprocket Social lets anyone become a seller in the easiest possible manner. You can be a shopkeeper, homepreneur, wholesaler or just a college student who wants to take their hobby to the next level.
- Can I sell stolen or counterfeit goods on Shiprocket Social? Reply: No, it is illegal and strictly prohibited to sell stolen and/or prohibited good and/or services, and items that violate our intellectual property policies. If such products are found, then the listing will be deleted and it may lead to a ban or suspension of the associated account/s. If needed, criminal prosecution might be taken. To know more, connect with our support or check out our Terms and Conditions.
- Is there a fee to open Shiprocket Social shop? Reply: No, we don't charge any fee to open Shiprocket Social shop. You can open your shop and list products for free.
What is the ideal way to pack a product?
Reply: To avoid returns and in-transit damages, please make sure that your product is properly packed. Before handing over the shipment to our courier partner, please check the steps below:
- Step 1 – Inner packaging material (for fragile or delicate items, kindly use bubble wrap, thermocol, or air cushions).
- Step 2 – Outer packaging material (depending on the product, please use corrugated boxes).
- Step 3 – Sealing the package (after placing the product in its packaging, it must be sealed with packing tape).
- Step 4 – Affixing invoices and labels (once the product is packed, paste the invoice/label on the flattest side of the package). Details on the label/invoice should be easily visible and the barcodes should be easy to scan.
- Can I change the price of my listing? Reply: You can edit your product’s price by going to Your Shop > My Listing > Open Particular Listing > and tap on "Edit".
- Can I de-list a product once listed? Reply: Yes, you can. To de-list or deactivate an already active product, you can go to “Edit Product” in your Shop > My Listings > Open Particular Product and tap on the "Active/Deactivate" tab.
- Can I share my listing on social network? Reply: Yes, through our Social Selling feature you can share your product image(s) along with a direct payment link on your WhatsApp, Facebook, and other social channels to initiate direct sales.
- What happens if I don't accept order within 48 hours? In case, you don’t accept the order within 48 hours, it will be auto-cancelled. Also, repeated cancellation of orders will affect your seller rating.
Can I change my shop/store name on Shiprocket Social?
Reply: To change your Shiprocket Social shop name, please follow these steps:
- Log in to your account, go to 'My Shop'.
- Change your shop name and click on Update.
- Can I change my Email ID? Reply: No, you can not change your email ID after you have registered it with Shiprocket Social.
- Can I change my registered mobile number? Reply: Yes, you can change your registered mobile number by raising a request via email. However, you can not change your registered email ID.
How do I change my shipping address?
Reply: To change your shipping address, follow these steps:
- Log in to your seller panel and go to 'My Shop', edit the address and the pin code.
- Click on 'Update'.
- How do I delete my Shiprocket Social account? Reply: To delete your Shiprocket Social account, please send us an email at email@example.com with your username, email address (used at the time of registration), and the reason for deleting the account. We will delete your account from our end.
- How to resolve dispute on a returned order? Reply: For cancelled or returned orders, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- I sent the item but the buyer claims he didn't receive it. Reply: If the buyer claims that he/she has not got the product, then check the tracking information for the shipment. If you have shipped through Shiprocket, then write to us at email@example.com and we will look into the matter for you.
- What about the disputes between buyer and seller? Who will tackle it? Reply: In case of such disputes, you can send us the case details on firstname.lastname@example.org
How to change my bank details?
Reply: Follow these steps to change your bank details:
- Log in to your account, go to the 'KYC' tab on the left menu and click on 'Bank Details'.
- Fill out the form with your new bank details.
- Upload a cancelled cheque image.
- Click on 'Update Details'.
- When will my parcel be picked up by the courier company, if I am Shipping through Shiprocket? Reply: The seller should have the package ready before he clicks on 'Ship through Shiprocket Social', as the shipment will be picked by the courier company within 12-24 hours.
How do I generate my shipping label?
Reply: Follow the steps below to generate your shipping label:
- Log in to your registered seller panel and go to the ‘My Shop’ tab to check whether your digital signature is uploaded or not. If not, please upload the same to generate the shipping label successfully.
- If your signature is already updated and you are still not able to generate the shipping label, kindly contact our support team at email@example.com
- My invoice shows wrong percentage of GST. How do I change it? Reply: If you find a GST mismatch on a shipping label, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org explaining the issue and we will look into it.
When will the money be transferred to the seller?
Reply: If the buyer does not initiate a return in the next 5 days of product delivery, then the payment will be settled in the following ways:
- In case of a prepaid order, the payment will be settled in the next 5 days.
- In case of a COD order, the payment will be settled in the next 15 days. The payment will be reflected in your Shiprocket Social wallet, which can be transferred to your bank account.
- My order has not been picked up by the courier partner. What do I do? Reply: If your order is not ready before noon (i.e. 12:00 p.m.), it will automatically be scheduled for the next day pickup. In case the logistics company has not contacted you for the pickup, please contact us immediately via email.
- What is the ideal time to raise RTO/return disputes? Reply: A seller needs to raise RTO/return disputes within 48 hours of receiving the shipment or else it will not be considered. You can contact us via email at email@example.com
- What are the timings of pick-up for shipments? Reply: Once your pick-up has been generated, the courier company's representative will call you to confirm the timings of the pick-up in 24-48 hours. Pick-ups are usually done between 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Can I ship orders myself? Reply: Shiprocket Social assists all its sellers for their shipping requirements and you do not need to ship your orders on your own. Note: We do not accept orders from pin codes which are not serviceable by any of our courier partners.
- How can I track my shipments? Reply: With Shiprocket Social, there is no need for you to obtain tracking IDs and cross-validate them with individual courier companies. You can check the status of all your shipments through the seller panel - Go to My Sales > Track Shipments and select the shipment whose status you would like to track. For any support, or in case your last update was 48 hours ago or more, you can get in touch with our support at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How do I process a shipment with incomplete customer address? Reply: In cases where the buyers fail to provide a complete address for delivery, you can write to our customer support team at email@example.com and they will address the issue for you.
- How long does it take to deliver a shipment to the customer? Reply: Servicing an order to the buyer is subjective and we cannot put a time cap to the process, but we have been able to reduce the average time taken per order to 4 days. With several leading shipping companies like FedEx, Delhivery, Ecom Express, and Aramex, we now service over 26,000 pin codes for delivery.
- Is GST mandatory for registration on Shiprocket Social? Reply: No, you can register your shop without a GSTIN. But no products will be activated unless a GSTIN is added to your shop. This is under the Government rules that dictate that online sellers cannot sell without a GST Identification Number.
- I'm having problems signing in with Facebook. Reply: If you are having problems signing in with Facebook, please try updating your Facebook app and restarting your device before attempting to sign in again. If you don’t have the Facebook app, please verify that you are entering the correct email and password associated with your Facebook account.
How to write product names?
Reply: The product name/title is the most crucial factor Shiprocket Social uses while ranking your products on search and category pages. Well-written product titles are easily searchable on the Shiprocket Social marketplace and influence your sales vastly.
An example of an ideal product name/title is as follows:
Product Name: Jewel World Women’s Ethnic Jewellery Oxidized Silver Ring (1 Ring)
- Product name should contain the shop name, i.e., Jewel World.
- Material: Oxidized Silver.
- Target audience: Women’s Jewellery.
- Category: Women’s Ethnic Jewellery.
- Product type/key property: Silver Ring
- Color: Silver
- Quantity: 1 Ring
How do I get my remittance report?
Reply: There are two ways to get the remittance report from Shiprocket Social:
- The remittance report for each settlement will be emailed to you as soon as we transfer the amount to your registered bank account. You can directly download it from there.
- You can also download it by logging to your registered seller panel. Click on ‘My Earnings’ tab on the left menu, select the dates for which you would like to check your earnings and then click on ‘Export’ to receive your remittance sheet in your registered email ID.
- What is the importance of Manifest and Invoice in shipping? Reply: The Manifest is a document that contains information that is used by the logistics service provider to track the delivery of your shipment, in case of non-connectivity. It is very important to paste the label/invoice on the shipment as it contains customer details and a unique tracking number. Note: It is advisable to paste the label/invoice on every shipment to dispatch it successfully without creating any confusion at the logistic partner's end.
What if I fail to hand over a shipment after generating a pickup request?
Reply: It is required that you hand over all fulfilled shipments to the courier company at the time of pickup.
- In case the product is not packed, then do not generate pickup for such orders to avoid shipment cancellation charges.
- Avoid partial hand over of shipments as it might affect your shop’s pickup success ratio. Also, it may lead to cancellation charges.
How do I generate my shipping manifest?
Reply: You must generate and print manifests to keep a record of all your shipments that are in transit and waiting to be fulfilled. To generate your shipping manifest follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Shiprocket Social Seller Panel.
- Go to 'My Sales' tab from the left menu and click on 'Track Orders'.
- Select the orders that are scheduled to be picked for that day.
- Now, go ahead and print all your manifests at once by clicking 'Print Manifest'. In case of any queries, you can email our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why do orders get cancelled?
Reply: Your order would be cancelled and the money will be sent back to the buyer in the following situations:
- Failure to accept the order within 48 hours.
- Failure to dispatch the order within the maximum dispatch date mentioned in your product listing.
- Unsuccessful attempts to pick up the order from the seller by courier companies tied up with Shiprocket Social.
- Cancellation of order by the buyer.
Can I refuse to accept returns?
Shiprocket Social provides Buyer Guarantee for all Shiprocket Social fulfilled orders to its customers. Sellers cannot refuse to accept the return of products.
Only in the following exceptional conditions, the seller can refuse to accept returns:
- Return request is made outside the specified time frame.
- Product is damaged because of use or product is not in the same condition as received by the customer.
- Specific categories like innerwear, lingerie, socks, and clothing freebies.
- Any consumable item which has been used or installed.
- Anything missing from the package received including price tags, labels, original packing, freebies, and accessories.
- Made-to-order/custom jewellery.
- Fragile items or hygiene-related items.
How to add a product on Shiprocket Social?
Reply: To add products effortlessly on Shiprocket Social follow the steps given below:
- Click on the “Add Product” button under the “Manage Products” option from the left-hand menu from your seller panel on the website.
- Enter the Product Name and Description. Include all important properties of the products in both product name and description.
- Select the category and sub-category correctly.
- Write the quantities you have in stock of the particular item.
- List the item's price and the price you're offering after discount (if applicable).
- Choose the shipping weight applicable to your products and the time you will take to fulfil the order. For some categories shipping weight is fixed.
- Add images of your product. The images should be taken against a clear background and should stand out.
- Now, go ahead and add 10 or more products following the steps given above and get started.
- How do I become a featured shop? Reply: Featured sellers are selected and displayed by the Shiprocket Social team every week based on the uniqueness of their shops, seller's fulfilment rate, activeness of sellers, and new products added. But if you feel you have something unique to offer, write to us at email@example.com and we will consider featuring your shop.
- My KYC application failed. What do I do now? Reply: KYC verification is a mandatory process specified by RBI guidelines to facilitate the transfer of currency. Since Shiprocket Social directly processes remittances to you, we must verify your bank account and document details. After submission of the details, our team manually checks your entries within 24 - 48 business hours and approves or rejects your application based on the set criteria. KYC verification is split into two sections: Bank Details Verification and Income & Address Document Verification. Given below are the details you would need for KYC verification of the above two sections: Bank account number, IFS Code, Branch Name, A cancelled cheque, PAN Card, Aadhaar Card, and Proof of Address (Such as Aadhar Card/ Voter ID/ Passport, etc.) Here's why your KYC application process may have failed: 1. The uploaded documents did not match the submitted information. For Bank Details: If the information you have submitted is found to be incorrect or does not match with the cancelled cheque image. For Income & Address Proof: There may be a discrepancy between the submitted PAN card number and the uploaded PAN card image. Also, if Address Proof is not valid or does not match the submitted information. 2. Your details were not readable from the uploaded documents. Please make sure that you upload clear images of all your documents to avoid rejection of your KYC application. If your KYC application has failed due to any of the above-mentioned reasons, we request you to upload your documents again. Our team will cross-check your details again and get back to you within 48 business hours. You can check KYC verification status on the left menu of your Shiprocket Social seller panel under the head "KYC". For further clarification/information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I generate my shipping invoice?
Reply: To generate your label/invoice, please follow the steps below:
- Log in to your seller panel, go to 'My Sales' tab from the left menu and click on 'Action Pending' from the drop-down.
- Click on 'Accept' to accept your order.
- A new pop-up window will appear. Enter your invoice number and then click on 'Ship with Shiprocket Social'.
- Now, click on 'Print Shipping Label and Invoice' and go ahead and print your invoice.
- How to bulk update products on Shiprocket Social? Reply: TAs of now, you can only update the catalog one product at a time. The bulk upload option will be available soon.
- How to create your own website on Shiprocket Social? Reply: Shiprocket Social is the easiest way to get an Ecommerce website that comes bundled with your Shiprocket Social shop, that too at no extra cost. It is a free website which contains all your products. Please contact us at email@example.com for any additional queries.
- Why sell on Shiprocket Social? Reply: Shiprocket Social is a platform aiding sellers bring their unique products online and own a branded micro-shop in the easiest, simplest and cost-free manner. More than 62% of consumers today are shopping on their smartphone and mobile commerce is growing in size as a channel, connecting more customers than before. While the average cost of developing a mobile app for your online store is somewhere around Rs. 50,000, product listing on Shiprocket Socal is "free of charge". So, just register and create your website for free; upload products without any fee and start selling online.
- What are Shiprocket Social marketplace guidelines? Reply: Shiprocket Social is a platform where people can buy and sell unique goods. Shiprocket Social's policies to offer, sell and buy goods: 1. Shiprocket Social is not directly involved in the transaction between buyers and sellers. All the information and products listed on the Website and/or Mobile App are provided 'as is where is'. 2. Prohibited items, services, and items that violate our intellectual property policies are not allowed on Shiprocket Social. 3. Anyone over the age of 18 can open a shop on Shiprocket Social. 4. Shiprocket Social shops have their personalized policies, payment methods, and shipping and fulfilment methods. 5. Shops on Shiprocket Social must meet Shiprocket Social’s standards of customer service and honour their shop’s policies. 6. Honesty is important to Shiprocket Social and our community. We ask that shop owners represent themselves, their business, and their items accurately. 7. Shiprocket Social’s Trust and Safety team may reach out to shops in violation of these guidelines. While we prefer to help you bring your shop into compliance with our rules, Shiprocket Social may close shops that do not comply. 8. We reserve the right to remove listings that aren’t in the letter or spirit of Shiprocket Social’s guidelines. 9. Shiprocket Social may amend this User Agreement and/or Shiprocket Social Rules and Policies at any time by posting a revised version on the Website, Seller panel or Mobile App. Seller Guidelines: Shiprocket Social’s marketplace is built on trust. You can earn the trust of your buyers by following these guidelines on how to maintain a transparent shop, provide great customer service, and respect our community. Shiprocket Social will help you maintain a high level of trust with your buyers through our Seller Service Level Standards (“SLS”). 1. Only list items in your shop that are for sale and fall into one of the categories mentioned on our website/app. 2. Items must be accurately represented in listings and listing photos. 3. Buyers have the right to submit reviews of items they have purchased. 4. Respect the intellectual property of others. If you feel someone has violated your copyright, you can report it to Shiprocket Social. 5. Do not sell prohibited items. 6. Please honour your shop's shipping and processing times. Shiprocket Social Terms & Conditions: 1. The remittance of every order is directly settled into the seller’s bank account after the successful delivery of the product to the buyer. For Prepaid orders, the remittance will be done after 7 days of delivery to the buyer and for COD orders, the remittance will be done after 15 days of Product delivery to the buyer. For details, please refer to Shiprocket Social’s Remittance Policy. 2. Shiprocket Social offers a hassle-free door to door shipping service under a uniform charge depending upon the volume of the product, such as a flat rate of Rs.70 per 0.5 kg will be deducted from the seller’s remittance. In the case of COD an additional fee of Rs. 70 will be levied. The seller can also choose the option to offer shipping charges to be paid by the buyer. For details please refer to Shiprocket Social’s Shipping Policy. 3. Failure to fulfil the order by the seller in the time frame prescribed in the product listing would lead to cancellation of the order and the money would be refunded to the buyer. For details please refer to Shiprocket Social’s Cancellation Policy. 4. For any returns request initiated by the buyer within 5 days of receipt of the parcel, the transaction will be cancelled and the seller will have to bear the return charges of the goods. Please refer to Shiprocket Social’s Return Policy.
How to create banners for your Shiprocket Social?
Reply: To make creative and attractive banners for your Shiprocket Social shop follow the steps below:
- Login to Canva.com and select “Create a Design”. Various types of dimensions and designs will be displayed.
- Scroll down to find “Etsy Cover Photo” under “Social Media and Email Headers” and you will be redirected to a blank canvas with automatic banner dimensions.
- Canva will also automatically give you the layouts to choose from. Customize this layout with your shop’s branding.
- You can add/edit text, arrange text, change colours, add graphics and backgrounds. Play around with the design and finalize the one you like best!
- Click on “Download” on the top right bar on your design page. Save as PNG or JPG. Remember to resize your picture to 1000*250 pixels! You can now upload your banner on Shiprocket Social.
- How to increase sales on Shiprocket Social? Reply: The Indian eCommerce industry is one of the fastest-growing industries in the country and is expected to cross a trillion by the year 2021. Selling online has become the fastest way to reach a wider audience and expand one's business. With marketplaces like Shiprocket Social, selling products online has become a cakewalk. While the big brands find it relatively easier to get orders, it is very difficult for small sellers to sell products when the online market is already flooded by a multitude of products, both branded and non-branded. The best thing about selling on marketplaces like Shiprocket Social is that the sellers don’t have to worry about the marketing or keep a separate budget for it. Nonetheless, it is always worth considering some additional ways to tap in an added pool of potential customers that can buy your products and of course, increase your sales. Here are some tips to increase your sales on marketplaces like Shiprocket Social: Branding: Whether you are selling just a few products or have a mid to large sized inventory, customers need to know your brand name. Let your customer know you via your shop description, banner and logo (if any). Incomplete store details not only hamper your store's identity but also restrain the customers from buying products from your store. Proper Cataloging: Make sure that you enter the stock number correctly. Nothing is more embarrassing for a seller than cancelling an order due to the non-availability of the product. Check your inventory before you list your product to know the exact number of products available. Also, in case the product is out of stock, ensure that you mark it as ‘inactive’, so the buyers know that the product is unavailable for purchase. Imagery: In the virtual world, your product image is the first impression and greatly influences a purchase. You don’t have to get a professional photoshoot done. Your smartphone is enough but you need to make sure that you click clear images from proper angles. Remember, if people love what they see, they will surely go ahead and buy it. Product Description: The secret of getting quick sales is how you present your product to the buyer. Once your product image generates interest, your potential buyer would like to know more about the product. This is where a good product description can encourage them to buy the product. There are many important points that one should take care while writing a description. Make sure that it is clear, error-free and as detailed as possible. Keyword Optimization: Once you have listed your products along with all the required details, the next question is how will the buyer find your products? This is where keyword optimization comes into play. Make sure that you optimize your products according to common searches so that it matches with your potential customer’s search queries. Use long-tail keywords with common search terms like describing your product as “red dress” rather than “ruby coloured chic wear". Setting the Right Price: Pricing is the most crucial part of converting your potential customers into loyal customers. Whenever you are pricing your product, make sure that you do thorough research about your competitors. Also, add all your expenses and profit margin and then decide the ideal price. Social Selling: Today it’s all about “Social Selling.” Social Selling is no longer optional for your business. It’s a powerful strategy that can help increase your sales and help you turn your contacts into your first customers. Share your products with your social network. And by sharing, we mean sharing the product image, with its price and a direct payment link so that your customer can buy that product at once! Shiprocket Social lets you share your products on multiple social channels with a payment link for quick sales. Order Fulfillment: If you want to increase your sales, you must always meet the buyers’ expectation, whether it is the quality of the product or time taken to deliver it. Keep products ready for delivery and accept them on time so that your logistics partners can deliver your products in the quickest time possible. Fulfilling a return or exchange request on time is just as important to get good customer ratings and reviews. Try these steps and climb the ladder of success to become a booming bestseller.
Why am I getting negative balance report on Shiprocket Social?
Reply: When your Seller's account on Shiprocket Social displays an outstanding amount during a settlement period, it is called as 'Negative Balance'. Shiprocket Social sends a regular 'Negative Balance Report' which contains a shipment level breakup of the amount that is payable by you.
Below are the reasons behind your account's negative balance:
- RTO or Return To Origin Charges: When the shipment comes back before it gets delivered to the customer due to various reasons, it falls under the category of Return to Origin(RTO).
- Product Return Charges: Return charges are applicable when a product gets returned by the customer due to various reasons.
- Extra Freight Charges: If your shipment load is heavier than anticipated, a fee will be charged.
- Order Cancellation by Seller: Cancellation and other charges are applicable if an order gets cancelled by the seller himself/herself.
- How much commission does Shiprocket Social charge? Reply: Shiprocket Social does not charge any commission from any seller.
How do I connect my Shiprocket Social page with Facebook?
Reply: To connect your Shiprocket Social page with Facebook, please follow these steps:
- Log in to your account, go to "Facebook".
- Then click on "Connect Account".
- A new window will pop-up, fill in your Facebook log in details or click on Continue as "your Facebook Username".
- Select the pages you want to use with Shiprocket Social.
- Then click on "Done" on the final page, your account is now connected.
- Does Shiprocket Social charge GST for every product I sell here? Reply: No, Shiprocket Social does not charge GST on the products you sell here, you will need to pay your applicable taxes directly to the Government with the help of your invoices.
- What are shipping charges? How do I calculate it? Reply: You can calculate the shipping charges by going to following link: https://www.shiprocket.in/shipping-rate-calculator/
- How much money gets transferred to the seller? Reply: We transfer the complete amount to the seller - no commission, no deduction, and no fee is deducted.
- How are payments from Shiprocket Social processed? Reply: If the buyer does not initiate a return of your products within next 5 days of product delivery, then the payment will be settled in one the following ways: In case of prepaid orders, the payment will be settled within the next 7 days. In case of COD orders, the payment will be settled within the next 16 days. The payment will be transferred to your bank account through NEFT.